EquaGel is pressure reducing cushion that is made of a dry-polymer gel that feels almost rubbery to the touch. This gel cushion is constructed in a grid system and when a user sits on the cushion creates a supportive and comfortable surface, aiding pressure relief. The air channels promote air flow and assists in distribution of pressure over a larger surface area. This, along with the breathable cover, optimises skin micro-climate.
All EquaGel cushions come with breathable, water-resistant and multi-stretch covers. Featuring Velcro straps for wheelchair attachment, these cushions are long-lasting, low maintenance and easy to use. EquaGel cushions are maintenance-free, do not require set up and are flexible for use on slung wheelchairs seats.
The EquaGel protector adjustable pressure cushion has been designed for users with specific support needs. This EquaGel protector adjustable comes with removable pelvic contour inserts to improve postural positioning of specific individuals seating requirements.
16″ x 16″, 18″ x 16″, 18″ x 18″ & 20 x 18″.
Key features and benefits:
- No valve or pump. Zero maintenance
- Vapour permeable, waterproof cover. Maintains dry skin.
- Offer the absolute best cost/benefit for 95%+ of patients.
- Offer clinical advantages over inflatable and foam cushions.
- When Pressure Mapped, EquaGel beats 2” inflatable cushions and map extremely well against 4” inflatable opposition.
- 12+ degrees cooler than inflatable cushions. Very important.
- OT’s, Physios and Patients love them.
- Greatest range of sizes.
- Foam cushions amplify vibrations, EquaGel absorbs. This has a big impact on skin and tissue integrity for those using scooters.
- Virtually indestructible inner. Our covers are very inexpensive.
- All components are machine washable.
- Approximately 60% cheaper than the market leader
DESIGNED FOR USERS REQUIRING MODERATE TO HIGH POSTURAL SUPPORT AND PRESSURE RELIEF.
The EguaGel is available in 3 styles and the differences are as follows:
-EquaGel General support cushion that features mild contouring for everyday use.
– EquaGel Protector cushion has a deeper postural support and is intended for users who need moderate to high postural support. (see EquaGel Protector)
– For users with specific support needs, there is also the Adjustable Protector which comes with removable pelvic contour inserts.(see EquaGel Protector Adjustable)