The Sandpiper All Terrain Beach Wheelchair has been designed to be used in and out of the water. The Sandpiper has unique balloon wheels to tackle a multitude of terrains such as (beach, sand dunes, grass, gravel, rural areas, trails, and tracks etc.). Designed for the smaller user in mind and is easily pushed by a helper. The Sandpiper All Terrain Beach Wheelchair gives you the opportunity to be taken anywhere you have always wanted to go! Manufactured and Developed closely with users in mind, the Sandpiper offers generous mesh seat that fits the needs of most users.
The Sandpiper All Terrain Chair/ Beach Wheel Chair has all the features of the Sandcruiser but is smaller to perfectly fit a young child. It is a smaller version of the Sandcruiser, with smaller balloon wheels and slightly smaller frame size (see specifications for details) and it is bright new yellow!! The Sandpiper’s® upholstery is manufactured from marine grade acrylic canvas, is ‘UV’ stable fabricated to manufacturer’s recommendations.
– Seat width: 360 mm, to suit up to 350mm hip width
– Seat height: approx. 470 mm
– Overall Length: 1000 mm (including footrest)
– Width: 840 mm (maximum width)
– Height from ground to top handles: 1010 mm
– Front to rear wheels centers 350 mm
– Weight: assembled 20 Kg (approx)
– Front: 2 x WheelEEZ® wheels (24 x 4.8 cm)
– Rear: 2 x WheelEEZ® wheels(42 x 20cm)
– Safe working load: 80kg
- All metal components are manufactured from 316L Stainless Steel with 600 # surface finished electropolished to a mirror surface, all tube 1.6mm wall thickness marine grade.
- Seat height of 500mm allows easy transfer of the patient from chair to chair.
- No special tools required to dismantle for transport, the use of 6.0mm drop nose pins and “R” clips make dismantle and reassembly effortless.
- A fully adjustable leg rest with padded hinge protectors, adjustable clamp handles with push pin allows handles to be re-positioned after clamping.
- New design, all stainless steel pivot armrests allow both arms rest to be raised for easy patient transfer
- Sandpiper® All Terrain Chair/ Beach Wheelchair rides over sand, snow, grass and gravel surfaces absorbing shocks for a smooth ride.
- Front castors have a Delrin bush with stainless steel bearings inserts to allow for a full 360-degree rotation to allow the Sandpiper® All Terrain Chair/ Beach Wheelchair to turn in tight locations.
- The front forks are fitted with a quick release “R” pin to allow for dismantling for transport.
- The anti-tip / brake bar secures the chair in one procedure and is also fitted with a positive lock/release bar for added safety.
- The brake bar locks both rear wheels and when engaged prevents the Sandpiper® from tipping over backward while making the chair stable for a safe patient transfer.
- All assembly pins are secured to the main frame with 40kg nylon coated stainless steel wire crimp clamped for added strength (note fitted to rear axle “R” clips).
- Low tire pressure reduces the risk of penetration of sharp objects and produces a very smooth and comfortable ride.
- Upholstery is manufactured in Marine Acrylic Canvas which is mold and rot resistant. The fabric is also saltwater resistant and U/V stable. Seating is fitted with quick release buckles for easy removal, i.e. cleaning etc.
- A lap belt is fitted to secure the patient to the chair. Additional Thoracic Belts, Head Rests etc. can be purchased if required.
Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG) No. 191974
3 Year Warranty on Frame
24 Months Warranty on Wheels and Upholstery
Available in 2 sizes: Sandpiper for Smaller Adult/Children & Sandcruiser for Adult